Terms of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Island Blogging website. By accessing or using any part of the website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services.
For the purposes of this agreement, Site Owner shall mean that person to whom the domain name islandblogging.co.uk is currently registered; Island Blogging shall refer both to this website and the interests of the Site Owner in running the website as appropriate; Blog User shall refer to any person that registers for and is granted a blog on this website.
Island Blogging is a service provided by the Site Owner for persons eligible under these terms and conditions to maintain a personal blog, such persons to be referred to as Blog Users. No warranty is given as to service and no rights whatsoever are granted, or acknowledged, by the Site Owner to any Blog User except for the right to ownership of and copyright to their own material.
Eligibility: Any person may request a blog on Island Blogging if they
- Are a permanent resident on a Scottish Island, or
- Own property on a Scottish Island in which they occasionally reside or which they wish to write about, or
- Are a temporary resident of a Scottish Island for a period longer than a normal holiday (e.g. on a work placement or sabbatical), or
- Are intending to move to a Scottish Island provided that they write only about their relocation plans until such time as they become a resident.
Notwithstanding the above no right to a blog on Island Blogging is acknowledged or granted and the offer of a blog is at the Site Owner’s sole discretion.
Content: Other than as stated in the last condition of Eligibility above there is no restriction on the content of any blog except that
- the Content shall not contravene any law, shall not be libellous or defamatory (more info on what that means), shall not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and shall not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
Responsibility: Each Blog User who maintains a blog on Island Blogging is entirely responsible for the content of the blog. Island Blogging accepts no responsibility for any such content and accepts no liability whatsoever for any actions that may be taken by third parties as the result of that Content.
Acceptance: Any person that continues to use the Island Blogging website following the announcement of these Terms of Service shall be deemed to have accepted such terms whether or not they have been formally agreed to.
Changes: Island Blogging reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of the Terms of Service. It is your responsibility to check the Terms of Service periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Termination: The Site Owner may deny access to all or any part of the Island Blogging website at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice. The Site Owner may suspend or delete any blog, with or without cause, and with or without notice. Furthermore the Island Blogging website may be closed down at any time at the Site Owners sole discretion.